Thursday, September 12, 2019

Welcome to the Shaker Lane Library!

Welcome to the Library at Shaker Lane! I'm excited to be starting my second year as the Shaker Lane Librarian. I love books, and my goal is to encourage your child to develop a love of reading and an understanding of what libraries are all about. I hope you'll join me in this effort!

In the next few days, your child will borrow his/her first book(s) from the Library. All library books are due one week from the date they are taken out. Books must be returned in order for a new book to be borrowed, so please help your child to remember his/her library book on the day that it is due. When a book is two weeks overdue, I will send a reminder note home. Hopefully, the book will be found and returned. If you believe a book is lost, please let me know so that we can make arrangements for you to replace it. I appreciate your support in keeping our library stocked with books that the students enjoy!

The best way to keep books "safe" is to always place them in the same location daily and to put them in your child's backpack the evening before library day. Also, books and water bottles don't mix! Please put either the book or the water bottle in a ziplock bag, or keep them as far away from each other as possible. A soggy book makes for difficult entertainment and will need to be replaced by you. Thank you for understanding!

To stay updated on Library news, volunteer opportunities, and my Library book "wish list," please subscribe to my blog - www.shakerlanelibrary.blogspot.com. You can also follow me on Twitter @krishevenor.

I'm so excited to get the year going in the Shaker Lane Library! Books are fun - let's read!

Kris Hevenor
Shaker Lane Librarian
khevenor@littletonps.org